paris fashion doll festival 2017 convention dolls - superdoll and barbie

The Paris Fashion Doll Festival 2017 Convention Dolls

Sadly I wasn’t able to attend the Paris Fashion Doll Festival this year. It would have been wonderful to have been able to spend my birthday there. Like many, I have been living vicariously through those attending the convention in person via Facebook. One such conventioneer was Ibrahim Ismail, who is himself a well-known figure in the doll world. He very kindly allowed me to share his pictures of the convention exclusive dolls.

First up we have Superdoll‘s Friday night cocktail event Sybarite doll, Fanfares D’Amour. She is a Gen4 resin doll.

Fanfares D’Amour, FPFD 2017 Exclusive Sybarite Doll

I love her glamorous look  and her baguette purse (for that it is) is to die for!

Next up was the Exclusive Barbie doll, designed by Bill Greening and donated by Mattel

PFDF 2017 Convention Exclusive Barbie

Paris Fashion Doll Festival 2017 Barbie

Let’s  just remember she is comes free from Mattel. So play nice people.

At the Sunday Salesroom, and for those with the stamina to be the first in the queue, there was another Superdoll Exclusive to be had. Again she is a resin doll and her name is Reve Rose and she is a colour variation of the Friday event doll. She was 600 Euros.

Reve Rose, PFDF 2017 Sunday Salesroom Exclusive Sybarite Doll

So there we have it for another year, in Paris at least. There’s still a lot of Conventions to come and I will be at at least 2 of these this year.

So what do you think of this year’s Paris offerings? Let me know in the comments section below.

My name is Simon Farnworth and I am the owner and community manager here on DollObservers.com. I am a long time Fashion Doll Lover and Collector and self confessed techno geek! Be sure to say hello :)

13 Comments

1. Reply

I think that Mattel’s convention doll has a pretty face, but it seems that some collectors expected something a little bit more “special”. I think I prefer this one to the Japan convention one though. The Sybarite doll has the glamour of an old movie star!

Yes, she has really caused a lot of “discussion” for certain. You can’t please all the collectors all of the time 😉

2. Reply

Thanks for the report Simon!!

You’re welcome, Nilsa 🙂

3. Reply

So happy that people shared their photos! I will never be able to attend such an event so it is really special to see those photos. I’m not a true Barbie collector, though I do have Barbie dolls – and I have to say I like the articulation and the hair on this doll. I think she is a pretty doll – and I would play with her for sure. 🙂

Articulation is something collectors have been asking for for years. And look what happens when they get it, LOL.

4. Reply

I hope UK will get it’s own Fashion Doll Convention. It’s not fair! 😀

I hope Superdoll will start selling resin dolls on their website.

One day, Kim, one day (on both counts, hopefully!)

5. Reply

The Mattel doll is lame IMO. It’s too bad that so many look forward to a really special doll at that event. Everything changes.
    I like the face on the Sybarite with blonde hair and both color versions of the fashion. The purse is wonderful.
    T

Yes things do change indeed. I guess perhaps it’s time to look at that event as a whole. To be honest there is little else going for it other than the dolls and the company of other collectors. The meal can be dire and it is all over in a couple of hours. No break out meetings, no talks, no workshops, do disco! Not a lot for 125 euros when you consider the doll is free for them…

I did consider offering to hold an awards ceremony, of sorts, during the event for our DOFDAs to help perk things up but I couldn’t make it this year. Kathy, who runs PFDF is quite resistant to change so not sure if she would taken me up on the offer anyway.

6. Reply

I am like Kinlondon , waiting patiently for a “London Fashion Doll Convention ” you can be sur to see me there 🙂

7. Reply

Ah, Mattel’s doll comes with a little doll as well as articulation? I’d be happy.
    The Sybarites both looked lovely.

Yes, the little doll is cute isn’t she?