Hi everyone! I know that Doll Observer is a community for ALL doll collectors, so please forgive me for posting Barbie-exclusive stuff here. I am "primarily" a Barbie collector, after all...
For the remainder of the month of April, Life in Plastic is having a PHOTO CONTEST!!!
The theme is "Life in Plastic: Not Always so Fantastic".
Allow me to explain.
We know that many of our blog visitors and Facebook subscribers have a great sense of humor, and we'd love to see your creativity come into play!
Please submit a photo of your Barbie® doll(s) in a "not so fantastic" situation...or as the world of internet memes calls it, simply "FAIL". Yes, F-A-I-L. "Fail"! A "Barbie Fail" photo.
More contest RULES:
(1) Submissions must have a maximum of file size of 10 MegaBytes.
(2) Submissions must not contain photos of identifiable humans. Only Barbie dolls, please!
(3) Submissions must not contain any text, except for a discreet watermark
(4) WHERE TO SEND YOUR PHOTO(s): Please send your photo submissions as email attachments to email@example.com and include your full name or the name you wish to attribute the photo to. Winner(s) will be notified via email.
(5) DEADLINE: The submission deadline is Monday, April 23, 2012 at 00:00 (midnight).
Qualifying entries will be placed in a Facebook photo album, and the first place winner will be the photo that receives the most "likes" during the voting period, which will be from April 22 to April 30, 2012.
Now you might be wondering, "what do I get for joining this contest?"
*** PRIZES!!! ***
The first place winner (photo that receives the most "likes") will receive a NEW, mint, never-removed-from-box Barbie® EASTER SWEETIE® doll (courtesy of the Life in Plastic eBay store):
There will be a special "Barbie Guy's Choice Award" (with surprise prize) for my personal favorite, and special prizes for the 2nd and 3rd place winners!
I look forward to seeing your best, funniest "Barbie FAIL" photos!!!