Dear Doll Observer!
I hope this finds you well and enjoying the season, wherever you are. Here in the UK it has been a glorious day today after many days of rain!
Well on with the show as there are a number of things to tell you about this issue:
We celebrate the new Doll Observers Loyalty Scheme with a fabulous 'Silkstone Barbie Giveaway'!
To celebrate the newly launched Doll Observers loyalty scheme we have a fabulous giveaway.
About the prize: When the social season heats up, Barbie® cools down in sunny style. Looking gorgeous in her peach and golden floral print ensemble including swimsuit, cover-up, and wedge sandals, Palm Beach™ Swim SuitBarbie® doll makes a splash at any soiree! With gorgeous blond locks cascading around her face, and stylish shades sitting atop her head, this bathing beauty knows how to get everyone talking — about her! The competition ends at midnight GMT on the 30th June 2011 so don't miss the opportunity to own this beautiful doll!
To be part of the Loyalty Scheme be sure to click on the 'Rewards' ribbon on the left of every page on Doll Observers. Then start earning points toward your loyalty rewards. You can then spend your points in the rewards catalog depending on the number of points you have earned. This is a new initiative and is set to develop and expand over the coming weeks.
- We now have an overhauled activity feed on the homepage. You can update your status right from the home page as well as 'Like' and comment on other members statuses and posts.
- We currently have 180 members with Theo being the latest Doll Observer to join us!
- Lilly has been busy welcoming new members lately and has earned herself the title of 'Official Greeter'. Be sure to help her out with making our newbies feel welcome.
- 'June Theme: In The Sun' is proving very popular amongst members with lots of superb entries. I think it's going to be difficult to choose a winner this time around!
- Be sure to check out the photo entries for 'May Theme: Celebrity'. Vote for your favourite by clicking the Facebook 'Like' button underneath the photo. Remember everyone who enters our theme photo competitions stands the chance of winning $20 if theirs gets the most 'Likes'!
- Look out for lots of new features and interactions coming next month!
- The Winner of 'April Theme: Love' was Lilly with a very creative pic. Congratulations Lilly! See it here in the April Theme photo album.
Check out some excellent posts, discussions and groups:
- I posted a discussion asking members "Why should fashion doll lovers join Doll Observers?" so we can encourage more members to join our community.
- Traveler in Thyme has a unique proposition for someone to help sell their unique designs: "I need a sales rep"
- Barbie's Room has been busy showing us her wonderful diorama creations.
- If you love to sew for your dolls be sure to check out the new group: Sew Much Fun
- ...and many more blogs and discussions.
As a reminder, please stop by and participate whenever you can. You can add a doll photo or video, write your own articles, post a discussion topic, or add an event. You can also share your knowledge, ask a question, post a status update, update your profile, comment on something interesting, read a few tweets, check out upcoming events, get connected and make new friends.
Need help getting started? Here are some useful FAQs. And don't forget to update your profile. It makes our "social" network that much more social. Tell us about yourself, and say hello to other Doll Observers.
Please let others know about Doll Observers. We have an invite system, but feel free to use Twitter, Facebook, blog posts etc.
Thank you for helping us grow!
Simon, Community Manager