I could really use an experienced repaint/face-up artist to ask a few questions, please... I'm really enjoying this new challenge of mine to create a few special dolls for myself but I need some help...
1) With the first two MH dolls I did the watercolor pencils worked beautifully but on this third and four try they are barely leaving any color, what have I done wrong? I put two coats of sealant on before I started and I can't figure it out.
2) Do you seal after you add the blush or the eyes and then add more color as needed? Or do you only seal when you're completely done?
3) I'm using Liquitex gloss medium & varnish for the lips and eyes after I seal... as I understand it, this stuff is water soluble... will it come off if I wash the face in the future?
4) Can I do a boil perm on the doll after I've done a face-up? Even if I don't put the whole head in the water, will the steam and heat affect the doll?
5) What kind of aftercare do you suggest for the doll? I mean, what if she gets dusty or dirty, how delicate is the new face-up?
I've only done two dolls and I'm afraid to test them... they might be as good as I get. I'm not looking to repaint dolls to sell or anything like that... I just want a doll I like... I would have ordered a custom doll from an artist I like only she isn't doing them anymore. So, I'm left to create my own... plus, I'm really enjoying the effort...