Funny as I just discovered today some Brenda starr paper doll (on pinterest) as originaly French from a tiny village I did no know Brenda Starr and I love her fashion, I play (not a collector) with 40 16"dolls (Odom, Tonner, Mme Alexander etc) and Brenda Starr is one of them , but now in my gang she’s called Petunia but she is still journalist. (you can see her in my site http://www.domidoll.co…"
Thank you for making me feel so welcome in your community! I am very excited to connect and meet new friends and learn more about everyone. I hope that I am doing this right! :)"
My name is Tyler, I'm 28, I live in the southeastern US, I have two grandparents and a Maltese named Charles that I live with and care for, and I've enjoyed dolls for most of my life. I grew up collecting vintage and antique dolls from flea markets and junk shops here in Alabama, and was very fortunate to have an uncle who in the 1990s collected modern fashion dolls, which led to pretty cool Gene and Tyler collections at the turn of the century. I lived and worked for a time in the northwest of England, and enjoy the cultures, histories, and politics of foreign places (and of course their dolls). In addition to dolls I collect Silver and Golden Age comic strips and comic books, so I also tend to gravitate toward dolls that reflect that (I'm a big fan of the defunct Effanbee/Tonner Brenda Starr and Dick Tracy lines). I have a soft spot for boy dolls being one myself (my dream buy is Robert Tonner's SDCC exclusive Zombie Boy portrait doll from 2012), and I would mostly just like to…Read more…
“The BEST doll site on the web” – Mark, USA
DollObservers.com is an online community for fashion doll lovers and collectors. Whether your passion is Barbie, Tonner, Sybarite, Fashion Royalty or all of the above! Or whether you prefer your dolls Vintage or New, then this is the site for you.
Once you sign up you will be able to enjoy and join in with the following activities and features:
- Have your own personal ‘My Page’
- See a member you like? Add them as a friend! The more you engage with other members the more friends you will make. Invite your non-member friends to join you too!
- Active members stand the chance of being nominated as a Superstar Member!
- Upload your Doll Photos, tag them and add them to Groups too. Other members can comment and socially engage with them
- Join in and engage with the fashion doll discussions in the Forum
- Join a specific Doll Groups such as ‘Barbie”, ‘Buy & Sell’, ‘Tonner Dolls‘, ‘Sybarites‘ and more. Don’t see a group for you? Then create and maintain your own!
- Follow all the action in the Activity Feed on the front page in order to keep up with members’ posts. You can also add Status Updates, Links and YouTube videos right there in the feed!
- We have a regular Theme of the Month photo contest. Previous themes have included ‘Science Fiction’, ‘In The Sun’, ‘Love’ and lots more.
- Look out for occasional offers and competitions to win cool Fashion Doll prizes!
We are a true community of doll lovers and together we can discover a whole world of Fashion Dolls!
DollObservers.com is the premiere online community dedicated to fashion doll lovers and collectors. Check out all the latest goings on from our friendly, talented and doll-mad members! If you aren't already a member then be sure to Join Now, it's FREE!