I am a "cm"type hee hee and ad in general 0.70 cm for allowances so 1/4 inch is fine
I learned the hard way as well. I ruined a lot of very nice fabric as I was so eager to finish quickly an outfit for my dolls to wear. I was working without pattern at this time and working for Barbie. I learned how…"
I have been following "Tommy Doll" blog ever since I saw his blog listed in the dollobservers contest for best blog. I see the merits of using scraps to experiment with first after seeing how many times he has had to redo an outfit. Mind you, he starts from scratch without a pa…"
when you print them you have to select "fit to page" on letter paper -the pattern look small but we have to had the seam allowances.
I will recommend you a very simple basic cotton to try you first pattern. I am keeping my old bed sheets for this purpose hee hee
I will post my result here
hope it will work for you"
Integrity Toys as part of their week-long "Doll of Summer" W Club email event have announced the latest ITBE collection. Each doll in the collection retails for $99.00 and will be offered via a "right-to-buy" lottery for W Club members only. In…
“The BEST doll site on the web” – Mark, USA
DollObservers.com is an online community for fashion doll lovers and collectors. Whether your passion is Barbie, Tonner, Sybarite, Fashion Royalty or all of the above! Or whether you prefer your dolls Vintage or New, then this is the site for you.
Once you sign up you will be able to enjoy and join in with the following activities and features:
- Have your own personal ‘My Page’
- See a member you like? Add them as a friend! The more you engage with other members the more friends you will make. Invite your non-member friends to join you too!
- Active members stand the chance of being nominated as a Superstar Member!
- Upload your Doll Photos, tag them and add them to Groups too. Other members can comment and socially engage with them
- Join in and engage with the fashion doll discussions in the Forum
- Join a specific Doll Groups such as ‘Barbie”, ‘Buy & Sell’, ‘Tonner Dolls‘, ‘Sybarites‘ and more. Don’t see a group for you? Then create and maintain your own!
- Follow all the action in the Activity Feed on the front page in order to keep up with members’ posts. You can also add Status Updates, Links and YouTube videos right there in the feed!
- We have a regular Theme of the Month photo contest. Previous themes have included ‘Science Fiction’, ‘In The Sun’, ‘Love’ and lots more.
- Look out for occasional offers and competitions to win cool Fashion Doll prizes!
We are a true community of doll lovers and together we can discover a whole world of Fashion Dolls!
DollObservers.com is the premiere online community dedicated to fashion doll lovers and collectors. Check out all the latest goings on from our friendly, talented and doll-mad members! If you aren't already a member then be sure to Join Now, it's FREE!